A. Applications for business permits under this section shall be made on forms to be furnished by the city manager or designee, shall be signed under penalty of perjury by the applicant and shall require the following information.
1. The full true name, current mailing address, title, current telephone number, date of birth, sex, driver’s license number, and social security number of the applicant and of all persons who will manage the business and all persons having a financial interest in the business, (except shareholders of a corporation);
2. The name, mailing address and location of the business;
3. The business tax certificate number of the business; and
4. Prior permits held, the dates held, whether such permits were ever revoked or suspended and the reasons therefor.
B. The city manager or designee shall issue a permit within fifteen days of receipt of the application if he finds:
1. That the application is complete and truthful;
2. The business for which the application is made, and the building in which such business is to be conducted, conform to all federal, state and local laws, including, but not limited to building codes and zoning ordinances, and be accessible for inspection by city fire, police and building officials;
3. That a valid business tax certificate has been issued for this business;
4. That the applicant is eighteen years of age or older; and
5. That the applicant has not had a permit, issued under this section, revoked in the past three years, unless the city manager finds that the reasons for such revocation are unrelated to this application. For the purposes of this subsection, “applicant” includes all persons designated in subsection A., 1. of this section.
C. If the city manager or designee determine that the applicant has failed to meet any of the criteria of subsection B., above, he shall notify the applicant of the decision to deny the permit. Notice of such decision shall be sent in writing to the applicant at the mailing address set forth in the application, within fifteen days of submittal of the application. Failure to so notify the applicant within the allotted time or failure to make the findings set forth in subsection B. above within the allotted time shall be deemed a grant of the permit.
D. The applicant shall pay a nonrefundable fee not to exceed the cost of processing any such application and inspecting the business as set forth in Section 3.70.040.